Saturday, June 10, 2017

Pick of the Month [May 2017]

I read 15 books in May in what was another great reading month for me. So far 2017 has produced some memorable books which is going to make my end of year list very hard - a good problem to have! 

The pick of the month was Lola by Melissa Scrivner Love. I stumbled upon this book by accident one day web surfing some of my favorite crime fiction blogs. The cover looked great and the story interesting; an inner city urban gang tale with a strong female protagonist. I was sold. 

Read the review of Lola HERE

Coming in a very close second was Malborough Man by Alan Carter; a crime fiction novel set in picturesque New Zealand. This is newly published by Fremantle Press and comes highly recommended from yours truly. 

Read the review of Malborough Man HERE

Other highlights for the month include the following in no particular order:


No comments:

Post a Comment